Bury Council's Offer to EmployersFind out how Bury Council can support your business
Bury Council recognises that our business base is the key to building economic growth right across our townships and that business growth will have a direct benefit for everybody.
Along with our partners, we have packaged a range of information, expertise and support to help you.
Whether you are looking to develop your workforce through skills and training, grow your business or need sign posting to loans, grants and alternative funding, Bury Council's bespoke 'Offer to Employers' can support you with your needs.
COVID-19 Small Business Grant Scheme
Check for eligibility and confirm your bank details on the Bury Council - Coronavirus (COVID-19) - business grants.
- £10,000 grant for occupied business premises in receipt of small business rates relief.
- £25,000 grant to retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with rateable values between £15,000 and £51,000.
Bury Council and partners have packaged a range of information, expertise and support to maximise the growth of our local business base and prospective inward investors. Support available to businesses includes:
- Identify potential employees and tap into the labour market
- Access to recruitment events and open days
- Information, advice and support from a dedicated Business Growth Advisor (you must trade business to business)
- Signpost to loans, grants and alternative funding
- Access to apprenticeship advice and support
- Work with pre-employment programmes to fill vacancies
- Support with workforce development, including skills and training
- Tailored support to improve your workforce's health and wellbeing
- Business start-up information, advice and guidance
- Help to engage students within schools and colleges
- Signpost to digital support.
To find out more, complete our on-line form on Offer to Employers.
We will store your information in accordance with the Data Protection Act and it will not be shared beyond the Bury Means Business Support Group.