RecruitmentRecruiting the best staff, with the right skills, is crucial to the success of your business
Depending on your business needs, there are a number of ways to access the labour market and recruit suitable employees, including:
An Apprentice can be a great addition to your business. Support is available to help your business source suitable employees, identify the right training provider and potentially help you to access funding. See our apprenticeship webpage for more information.
Bury has hosted numerous job fairs in recent years, providing an opportunity for employers to meet and talk to potential employees. Job fairs enable you to promote your vacancies, direct to interested candidates and could help you to reduce recruitment costs.
Sector Based Work Academies
Helping to equip potential employees with the skills your business needs through tailored pre-employment training. In exchange, you would provide a work experience placement to a potential recruit/s and a guaranteed job interview.
Traineeships are designed to help young people who haven't yet developed the necessary experience or skills to get an Apprenticeship. A Traineeship combines education, training and workplace experience to support the young person, aged 16 to 24, to become work ready. This includes English and maths tuition (if required) and works preparation training.
Traineeships can also benefit your business by:
- Developing a pool of potential recruits.
- The Traineeship programme, including the training, can be designed as per the employer needs.
- Existing staff have an opportunity to develop mentoring and coaching skills.
- The programme is fully funded by government.
COVID-19 Small Business Grant Scheme
Check for eligibility and confirm your bank details on the Bury Council - Coronavirus (COVID-19) - business grants.
- £10,000 grant for occupied business premises in receipt of small business rates relief.
- £25,000 grant to retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with rateable values between £15,000 and £51,000.
Where can you access help with your recruitment?
For more information on how we can help you with your recruitment needs, email email@example.com.