Business RatesBusiness Rates and Rateable Values
Business Rates Overview
Business rates are charged on most non-domestic properties, like:
- Holiday rental homes or guest houses
Bury Council will send you a business rates bill in February or March each year. This is for the following tax year.
Did you know that you may be eligible for Business Rate Reductions?
- Businesses with a rateable value of less than £15,000
- Empty business properties may be eligible for a period of time
- Business Rate Relief Scheme for new commercial development
- Transitional Relief as part of the Valuation Office Agency
5,644 startups were launched in 2017 making Bury the 'most entrepreneurial' area in Greater Manchester (Red Flag Alert)
Rateable Value of your Property
The Valuation Office Agency sets the rateable value of your property, which is used by Bury Council to calculate your business rate bill.
You can request amendments to your property/valuation details, review valuation details for similar properties and challenge your rateable value via Gov.uk - Find and check your business rates valuation.