Planning Services: Building ControlExtensive knowledge of materials and construction methods is available to you at all stages of a construction process
The Building Regulations are legislation approved by Parliament in England and Wales that relate to standards of design and building work for the construction of domestic, commercial and industrial buildings.
The Building Regulations contain a list of requirements that are designed to ensure the health and safety of people in and around buildings; to ensure that fuel and power are conserved; and to ensure access and facilities are provided for all people to and use of buildings.
At Bury Council, Building Regulations are administered by the Building Control Team which is part of the Planning Service. Building Control Officers examine and comment upon plans for developments and carry out inspections of work in progress. Their extensive knowledge of materials and construction methods is available to you at all stages of the construction process.
Our services include:
- Detailed checking procedures for projects submitted for Building Regulation approval;
- Efficient site inspection service - mobile communications, answer phone facility (after 12.30pm);
- Unrivalled knowledge of local ground conditions;
- Advice on the Building Regulations from qualified Surveyors with years of practical site experience (pre-deposit meetings available in appropriate cases);
- Close liaison with other local authority departments and official agencies;
- Archive records containing invaluable information concerning existing structures;
- Information and advice concerning access and facilities for disabled people.
COVID-19 Small Business Grant Scheme
Check for eligibility and confirm your bank details on the Bury Council - Coronavirus (COVID-19) - business grants.
- £10,000 grant for occupied business premises in receipt of small business rates relief.
- £25,000 grant to retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with rateable values between £15,000 and £51,000.
We also investigate reported dangerous buildings and structures in the interest of public safety.
You can receive technical advice between 8.45am and 12.30pm and general advice only from 12.30pm to 5pm by calling 0161 253 5313. If you wish to speak to a Building Control Officer after 12.30pm please contact us at email@example.com to make an appointment.