Apprenticeships, which combine workplace training with study, can have a big impact to your organisation. Examples may include improving your bottom line, diversifying skills within your company, supporting workforce planning or positively shaping your organisation's culture. Many businesses choose to recruit an apprentice, not just because the UK economy is boosted by £28 for every £1 invested into an apprentice, because:
- You can mould an apprentice to meet your workplace needs
- You can use an apprenticeship to grow your business or resolve difficulties with recruitment
- You can use an apprenticeship to recruit new talent or retrain/up-skill existing staff, which also encourages enthusiasm, creativity and loyalty
Greater Manchester Apprenticeship Strategy
The Greater Manchester Strategy for Apprenticeships is introduced within the enclosed presentation (dated 11 April 2019). Key themes of this strategy include:
- #SeeDifferent: Apprenticeship are seen differently because of the contribution they make and the opportunities they bring.
- Do Different: Organisations will be working together to ensure all Apprenticeship opportunities are of the highest quality.
- Be Greater: We will be an exemplar of Apprenticeship employment with a range of opportunities to develop skills and improve business productivity.
In Greater Manchester, we believe apprenticeships can give everyone the chance to start and develop their career, as well as supporting businesses to develop and grow by creating a skilled workforce that meets their needs.